sally_point_zero: (Default)
[personal profile] sally_point_zero
Over Christmas/New Year I lost the use of my hands, arms and legs. On 2nd Jan. I woke up to discover I could not even raise my shoulders so I crawled on my back and shouted for help. I eventually got rushed to the Royal London Hospital where I was admitted as the only non-Covid emergency in the Acute Admissions Unit. I underwent X -Ray, MRI and CT scan: my spinal cord was severely compressed and would cause complete paralysis from the neck down within 2 months.
Special steel was flown into Heathrow and that day I had emergency major surgery - laminoplasty and spinal decompression. In Recovery I had my spinal cord drained while I received Morphine.
I have just got out of hospital after 6 weeks and am under Care at home slowly recovering.



Profile

sally_point_zero: (Default)
sally_point_zero

July 2023

S M T W T F S
      1
23456 78
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 3rd, 2026 02:16 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios